This manual is intended to serve to capture the points described by our Sensei.
If something leads to questions, you have at least a basis for discussion :-)
Here is the story of our school explained
In our school, the shooting sequence is completed in seven steps (7 coordinations). The instructions go back to the founder of the school in the late 16th century. In the introduction you will get to know these steps and try to implement them as accurately as possible. The corrections attempt to reconcile subjective and objective perception. This begins a personal process called the kyudo way of the bow that can change our lives. Chapter XVII lists the seven emotions. They have a special meaning in this way.
These forms are only executed by Sensei authorized and very experienced Kyudojin.
Here is a list of exercise options that can be practiced by all Kyudojin as soon as suitable facilities are available and prior guidance has been provided by experienced Kyudojin.
The basic equipment consists of:
- Shirt > Dogi – 道衣
- Chestguard > Tsuru tsuberi kawa – 弦り滑皮 (meistens Muneate genannt)
- Wide belt (under the skirt) > Obi – 帯
- Trouser skirt > Hakama – 袴
- Glove right > Kake – かけ
- Bow with string > Yumi - 弓/ Tsuru – 弦
- Arrow > Ya – 矢
- Toe shoe / sock > Tabi - 足袋
Required small material:Cloth or bag for the Kake
- Shitagake (inner glove)
- Giriko = resin powder in a girikoire
- Tsurumaki = tendon ring with replacement tendon
- White glue for the Nakashikake = reinforced arrow-nock point
- Hemp fibers to reinforce the Nakashikake
- Sharp pocket knife for maintenance work on tendon and bow handle
- Two woods (Doho) to fix the glue on the string
- Waraji = tendon driver made of hemp or old hemp tendon
- Mass band or template for tendon distance control
- Replacement cams and tips for arrows
- Furoshiki (dress cloth approx. 80 x 80 cm)